Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A note from Janice

OK it is official I am going to Haiti next week. For some of you this is the first you have heard of it. So let me back the story up a bit. It has all happened very fast for us also. Last Friday night I was invited to go to Haiti from our good friend Nate Bobbett. His church in Waco, TX has much experience in going to places for immediate relief work in many parts of the world. They have had 2 teams dispatched to Haiti already. He knows I am a nurse and asked of I would like to go. Surprisingly it did not take long for a yes answer to come from me or my family. He had to work out the logicistics and then called us later last night and confirmed that I could go. I will be leaving on Saturday morning to Dallas to stay with family and then leave on Tuesday morning for Haiti. Nate's latest email says he "thinks we will be back the 8th of Feb." so we will see when I actually get home. I am not on facebook, but Jay is and I will send him info and he can take it from there. I don't have many other details. I will let you know what I know as things happen. Please just keep all of us in your prayers. Janice

2 comments:

Raquel said...

Praying for you and your family as you travel to Texas and finally to Haiti. I will pray also for the team with whom you will be going. What a wonderful opportunity to show God's love!

Unknown said...

that's awesome Janice. we will be praying for you all. let me know if we can help with anything!